Faculty and Academic Affairs
At the College of Applied Science and Technology, our faculty is our greatest asset. CAST programs are greatly enhanced by their teaching, research, and advising.
The Faculty and Academic Affairs department supports the advancement of academics by ensuring a challenging academic curriculum, an accommodating learning environment, and opportunities for productive and educational engagement between faculty and students. The Academic Affairs Department is responsible for academic degree program and course development, and for ensuring that university curriculum requirements are met and adhered to.
At the College of Applied Science and Technology, our faculty is our greatest asset. We Are Committed to…
- Supporting the advancement of academics by ensuring a challenging academic curriculum
- Creating accommodating learning environments
- Offering trainings, workshops, and conversations beyond orientation activities
- Fostering opportunities for productive and educational engagement between faculty and students
- Implementing “best practices” for recruitment, retention, and promotion
- Supporting inclusive departmental cultures and practices
- Dissolving institutional barriers to recruitment, retention, and promotion
- Creating transparent processes and policies that are easy to find and navigate
- Knowing the College's nearly 150 faculty members and their unique concerns
We Are Your Resources For…
- CAST Faculty Affairs Calendar including faculty dates and deadlines for leaves, reviews, promotion, and workshops.
- Faculty-Related Policies
- Individualized Mentoring and Support
- Professional Development Opportunities
- 3rd Year Retention Reviews
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Heads and Directors (5th Year Administrative Assessments)
- Promotion and Tenure
- Shared Governance Committees